Sunday, February 13, 2011

13 February. Acorns

On our walk this morning I noticed how a couple of near by oak trees ( introduced to New Zealand by the early settlers in the late 19th century) were loaded with acorns. It made me think about a story I read to my year 1/2 class last week. Pity we don't have squirrels in New Zealand.

2 comments:

  1. I'd be happy to send you a few squirrels (though I don't think New Zealand would like it). They are cute -always cavorting in my back yard, but they happily kept the birds away from my bird feeder - so I stopped feeding them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they do appear cute, but we like to encourage the bird life too. There are so many children's story books with squirrels in them and I guess I just make the connection inmy mind of acorns and squirrels.

    ReplyDelete